Building regulations are changing to make buildings more energy efficient, taking effect from the 30th of June 2022 for all new applications.
The main changes are:
- Improvement in emissions performance.
- Improvement in building fabric performance.
- Electric generated by renewable technologies e.g., Solar PV panels, air source heat pump & ground source heat pump.
How to achieve these new regulations:
- Increased levels of insulation throughout all the building envelope elements.
- Fully designed air tightness system and detailing to achieve a good airtight test at the completion of the build. A lower result will add points to the final EPC.
- Fully designed MVHR system to ensure airtightness and thermal bridging is not compromised.
- Advanced thermal bridge detailing (reduced cold bridges) to eliminate heat loss through junctions in the building.
- Possible inclusion of renewable energy technologies.
Here at FmK Architecture we have been specialising in low energy design for over 10 years.
We have the expertise and knowledge in low energy design that will easily meet all the updated building regulations.
At FmK we design all our projects to our Low Energy Standard which includes:
- Design in high levels of insulation with specialist details.
- Design & thermally model our own thermal, bridge free junctions of the external envelope.
- Design our own air tightness junctions & details and co-ordinate air tightness application on site.
- Conduct preliminary air tests on all our low energy projects to ensure all areas have been properly addressed prior to ‘closing up’.
We also offer a range of bespoke pre-designed ECOHomes that can be fully customised.
We use all of @ECOHomes Store airtightness and thermal bridge elimination products!
For more information, get in touch today!
028 2587 8650